Thanksgiving is a celebration of the things that we are thankful for, so I thought I’d make a list of everything I am grateful for;
- I found a wonderful little cafe and deli that provides free wifi (and an outlet where I can plug in my laptop, which is strategically hidden behind their cookies), so I am thankful that I have free wifi today, when all my usual sources of wifi are closed to the public. (If you happen to be in the neighborhood, stop by and say hello!)
- I am thankful that I still have a few parrots in my life. Even though I never consider my parrots to be people (how silly!), they are my family.
- I am thankful that I still have a place to live, even if I do have to share it with a suite of freeloaders (vermin). The only reason I am not homeless this holiday is because some of my readers are helping me keep the rent paid.
- one of my favorite things in the world to do is travel, and I am thankful for every trip I’ve made: to Houston, Texas; to Tempe, Arizona; to Manhattan, Kansas; to my west coast home, Seattle, Washington; to London, England; and last but not least, to Helsinki, Finland.
- another one of my favorite things to do is photography. I love having a camera again, and it has added immeasurably to my blog, to my emotional stability and to the quality of my life in general.
- since I lost my beloved career, I devote my life to my blog and to my readers. My blog has been the source of everything that I love for more than four years now — everything from scientific papers and review copies of books to friendships. Without you, I would not be alive, so I am very very thankful for all of you!